- If cancellation occurs before 45 days prior to arrival, you won’t be held liable for the remaining rent for the duration of your lease. The rental amount you’ve paid will be refunded within 10 days.
2.Partial Refund Window:
- If the cancellation request is received between 15 days and 30 days, the Resident will be charged a 2-week period of rental payment and his/her liability will be waived for the balance of the rent for the remainder of the term after 2 weeks, and the rental amount paid exceeding 2 weeks will be refunded within 10 days.
- If the cancellation request is received in less than 15 days of the arrival, the Resident will be charged a 4-week period of rental payment and his/her liability for the balance of the rent will be waived for the remainder of the term after 4 weeks, and the rental amount paid exceeding 4 weeks will be refunded within 10 days.
- In case of documented exceptional circumstances such as medical emergencies or visa denials, the Resident’s liability for the balance of the rent for the remainder of the term will be waived and the rental amount paid will be refunded within 10 days.
- Application and reservation fee of $200, is received for the entire online booking services and covers all costs associated with the booking and securing of the room. If the booking is canceled even without any rent payment made, the application and reservation fee is not refundable.
- Early Departure:
The general terms for early cancellation after arrival can be found in Section 21 of the Flexible Rental Agreement, as follows: “In the event of early termination of this Lease by Tenant(s), Tenant(s) will be responsible for the agreed upon monthly rent until the termination date stated in this Lease.”
- However, in unforeseen and supervening circumstances causing the Resident to leave the room before the lease end date, Astoria Residence may agree to release the Resident from the contractual obligations providing the following conditions are met, all together:
- A- The termination request should arise from an extenuating circumstance, including serious illness, government obligation, or visa refusal along with a supporting proof from an authorized agency. The emerging circumstance shall be accepted by the Astoria Residence Booking Department as a valid reason for early termination.
B- The resident shall find a suitable replacement to occupy the room/apartment for the remainder of the Agreement without any vacancy gap between two bookings. The accommodation application of the new person shall be approved by Astoria Residence and a $200 admin fee will be charged for the verification, onboarding and admission of the new resident.
C- If the Resident fails to find a suitable replacement in a reasonable period or requested by the Resident themselves, Harrington Housing will take the charge of finding a suitable replacement for the room, and a $250 marketing and admin fee will be levied on the Resident’s account.
D- In both cases, the Resident will be responsible for the rent until a suitable replacement starts the tenancy or until the original lease term of the Resident comes to an end, whichever occurs first. In other words, the Resident will pay both the cancellation fee (either $100 or $250), and the rent for the vacant period until the new replacement tenancy starts.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the Astoria Residence booking management.
- The date of the written request will be considered the official date of cancellation.
2.Refund Processing Time:
- Refunds, if applicable, will be processed within 10 days.
- The Astoria Residence reserves the right to amend the cancellation policy with or without notice. Any changes will be communicated to the residences in a timely manner.
By booking accommodation with our company, students acknowledge and agree to abide by the terms outlined in this cancellation policy.